Thursday, September 3, 2015

Welcome!


My name is Jackie Kemp.  I was born and raised in Hartford, Connecticut.  I spent 21 years of active service in the U.S. Army and retired in October 2001.   I have over 30 years of progressive experience in workforce development, program/project management, youth development, human resources, consulting and training.  I am a lifelong youth volunteer.  As a result of my volunteerism, I am the founder & Executive Director of Lead The Way Learning Academy.

Lead The Way Learning Academy is a non-profit youth development and youth work readiness agency.  We empower disabled and disadvantaged youth to take a meaningful place in the 21st Century workplace by providing youth development and youth work readiness programs & activities.  We serve youth in grades K-12.

According to the Oxford Dictionaries, an educator is “a person whose job is to teach or educate people.”  I have no desire to be a teacher on the “front line," however, my programming and activities are an extension or supplement to the extended school day.   Therefore, my primary goal as an educator is to offer opportunities (services & activities) that will that assist inner city, underrepresented, underserved, and disabled youth to become self-sufficient, productive members of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment